Dr. sc. ETH, Computer Science
MSc. ETH, Computer Science
Wissenschaftliche Auszeichnungen, Preise
- ETH Medal for Outstanding Disseration, ETH Zurich, 2009.
- Swiss Computer Science Challenge Award, 2008.
- ETH Msc. with Distinction, 2004.
- CS Best Teaching Award, HSR, 2017.
- Professor of Computer Science, HSR.
- Director of Studies, MAS Software Engineering, HSR.
- Partner of the Institute for Networked Solutions INS.
Since 2011: Professor of Computer Science, HSR Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil, Institute Partner
Before 2011: Software Engineer and Consultant (independent), Technical Leader Base Software (Varian Medical Systems Intl).
Spezialisierung in der angewandten Forschung und Entwicklung
- Software Consulting
- Software engineering
- Architecture, design and technology consulting
- Realization of software projects
- Reviews of software solutions
- Core Competences
- Concurrency & parallelization
- .NET technologies
- Programming languages and models
- Compilers and runtime systems
- Industrial Training
- .NET Parallel Programming
More information: concurrency.ch
- Research Project HSR Parallel Checker for C# in Visual Studio. Precise and fast data race and deadlock detection in C#.
- EU Eurostars Project: DeepSegment: Workflow-Driven Segmentation in Medical and Biological Imaging, 30 months, funded by the EU Eurostars program. Joint project with Swiss and Swedish university and industrial partners. Our focus: Large-scaled parallelization of imaging analysis.
- CTI Projects: Optical Packaging Quality Control with Deep Learning, 24 months, funded by the Swiss Commission of Technologie and Innovation. Joint project with the industrial partner Intigena.
- Various industrial software engineering projects (software companies, medical systems, banking/finance, social media companies).
- Program committee: Parallel 2018, Heidelberg. 16th IEEE International Conference on Scalable Computing and Communications, Toulouse, 2017, France. Parallel 2017, Heidelberg. Parallel 2016, Heidelberg. Parallel 2015, Karlsruhe. Parallel 2014, Karlsruhe.
- Board member: SI-SE (Swiss Informatics Society, Software Engineering Special Interest Group).
- For past projects publications, academic conference and workshop talks, as well as industrial conference talks, see concurrency.ch