Several foundations are connected with HSR. They support various issues and projects.
Swiss Foundation for Landscape Architecture (SLA)
The SLA Swiss Foundation for Landscape Architecture fosters and promotes landscape architecture in Switzerland. The SLA is a private, non-profit Swiss foundation under federal supervision.
- Secures the planning legacies of Swiss landscape architects for the future and makes them accessible.
- Maintains an archive and issues publications.
- Supports teachers and students on landscape architecture courses at Swiss universities in the fields of documentation, research and teaching.
FUTUR (Stiftung zur Förderung und Unterstützung technologieorientierter Unternehmungen Rapperswil)
The FUTUR Promotion and Support of Technology-Based Businesses Foundation promotes start-ups and creative artists.
- Promotes the founding of promising new businesses.
- Supports graduates on the path to independence.
- Makes good use of the potential for technology transfer at HSR.
- Promotes ethical behaviour in the industry.
- Enables creative artists to address entrepreneurship, the industry and technology.
- Promotes the broadening of young entrepreneurs’ and creative artists’ horizons in social, cultural and creative fields.
The foundation offers the following for HSR graduates’ start-ups:
- Coaching by members of the high-profile Board of Trustees
- ‘Entrepreneurial expertise’ course
- Free office use in Rapperswil old town
Foundation for the Advancement of HSR
The Foundation for the Advancement of HSR mainly provides support in cultural and material terms. For example, it was the building contractor for the HSR student halls of residence building.
- Supports cultural events for students and interested parties.
- Finances educational materials and facilities that cannot be obtained from ordinary funds.
- Provides financial aid for students in cases of particular hardship, if existing social services are inadequate.